MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY AND PROCEDURE
1. Applicants should be with minimum science background (PCB / PCM) & no other stream will be eligible for lifetime membership.
2. All the mark sheets of 10th, 12th, Diploma (both 2 years marksheet) and Degree (all 4 years marksheets) along with Affidavit (attached copy) to be submitted.
3. All certificates along with mark-sheets of Diploma in Optometry discipline (minimum two years) /Degree in optometry discipline (four years) awarded and approved by University/University Grant Commission /States Medical Faculties/Central or State health department or Directorate /Education department of Govt. of Central or State at entry level minimum qualifications are allowed as a Full member registered as an OPTOMETRIST as per Article NO- 7 and NO-8 under Constitution of IOA only.
4. Applicants holding Diploma/Degree in Ophthalmic Assistant or Technician or Technology or Technique or Degree which is less than four years or others non- optometry or non-university or non-approved by Government Authorities are not allowed for full lifetime membership. They will be registered as DISPENCING OPTICIAN only instead of registered Optometrist.
5. Applicants must fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria of qualification for all memberships of optometrist and Degree (Four years) / Diploma (minimum two years) in Optometry discipline only and qualification must be approved/ recognized from University/ UGC/States Medical Faculties/Central or State health department or Directorate/ Education department of Govt. of Central or State only .
6. For Student membership, applicants must be enrolled /admitted in approved optometry colleges/institutes under UGC or state Govt. norms only and send their application along with ID card through colleges/institution only instead of individually.
7. For Associate memberships, the applicants should submit all the documents along with profile of their university/college/institute/corporate/ association etc and complete the details of optometry projects/educational or research/industry /corporate work in optometry etc.
The MOU will be signed between |OA and affiliated members and the introductory reference of your senior, who is already a life member of IOA. (Kindly attach membership certificate or ID card with details of his/her LM number).
8. Photocopy of Demand Draft or RTGS/NEFT details should also be attached along with the membership form.
9. All the documents along with the membership form needs to be couriered on Mailing address at 8 -Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar -IV, New Delhi-110024 / Secretariat and not to any other address.
10. E-mail all the soft copies of documents to email@example.com with a copy to the President at – firstname.lastname@example.org and to the Secretary at – email@example.com