Latest News/ Notices:
The Indian Optometric Association is a registered body under society act and has been active since then. It has protected and advanced our profession.
It is evident that the quality of service provided by an optometric practice is a function of Optometrist’s clinical skills and the provision of state-of-the-art instrumentation facilities.
IOA is adopting the definition of optometry and optometrist of WCO/WHO
Optometry is a healthcare profession.
Indian Optometric Association is a “Non for Profit” organization founded for the welfare of the connected individuals who operate in the industry.
Board of Directors:
About the Indian Optometric Association (IOA)
The Indian Optometric Association is the leading authority on quality care and an advocate for our nation’s health, representing over 10,000 optometric professionals and optometry students. As profession Optometry, which is now recognized as heath care professions in India, takes a leading role in patient care with respect to eye and vision care, as well as general health and well-being. As primary health care providers, optometrists have extensive, ongoing training to examine, diagnose, treat and manage ocular disorders, diseases and injuries and systemic diseases that manifest in the eye.
Why choose us?
Your membership in the IOA gives you access to professional periodicals and communications:
- Become a part of only statuary body of Optometry of India.
- Become a part of large family of Optometry Professionals.
- Avail good standing certificate for overseas assignments.
- CE points on attending conferences/ CME /Seminar etc.
- Provision of getting benefits and priority on any IOA organized program.
- Faculty exchange program within India and abroad.
- Students exchange program within India and abroad.
- Access to online courses only for members.
- Access to subscription to the online e-newsletter, which is filled with interesting articles on the optometric industry, state legislation, and information on upcoming events the association.
- Our membership directory provides members with a reference to their fellow optometrists, including society and committee information.
- The IOA Web sites your information resource for press releases, legislative updates, and up to the minute information about association activities. Soon we would be hosting an online placement service for practitioners looking for buyers, partners or associates.
- We have also taken an active role in social media. On Facebook we have a closed IOA-Members Only group which provides a forum for member discussions.
- The IOA is your place for answers. If we don’t have the answer, we will find it for you!
- Join IOA as Member & benefit through various initiatives of IOA including but not limited to Training Programs, Skill Development Initiatives, Research, Industry – Institute Interaction, Nurturing Innovation etc.